Most Android devices have a feature called screen pinning. When activated, screen pinning prevents your child from leaving the Azoomee app.
To enable screen pinning, you will first need to amend the security settings on your device (you only need to do this once):
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device
- Tap the Security option
- (If you haven’t done so already, you should set a PIN for your device. Once you’ve done that, continue with these steps)
- Scroll down the to the bottom of the list and tap Screen Pinning (on some devices you might need to tap ‘Advanced’ or ‘Advanced Options’ first)
- Slide the switch to the On position
Once this has been done, you can pin the Azoomee app ready for your child to use. Please use the following steps:
- Launch the Azoomee app
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and tap the Overview Button (this is the little square button along the bottom of your screen)
- Drag the Azoomee window into the middle of the screen, in the bottom-right corner of the app you will see a blue pin button.
- Tap the blue pin icon. You will then need to confirm you want to pin the app – you will be asked to do this each time you pin an app
- Azoomee will then be pinned and your child will be able to use the app without accessing anything on the rest of the device.
To exit a pinned app:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then touch and hold the back and overview buttons at the same time (the triangle and square buttons).
- After a couple of seconds your device will switch to the overview screen and you will have to enter your PIN to gain access to the device again.
If you are using a Samsung device, you can use the following link to find the instructions: